Monday, July 2, 2012

Figurine: Elf Paladin

Over the Canada Day long weekend I set myself three goals.  The first was to write my Janelle Monae review (scroll down for that).  The second was to write another chapter in my new novel - which I finished doing yesterday morning (only 60,000 words to go!) and the third was to finish painting this elf paladin figure I've been working on.

I'm officially three for three - here's the elf paladin (click on photos to see a bigger version):


I was drawn to this figure because of her beautiful hair - I love the way it cascades across her face, which seems a popular thing to do for these sculptors when they're carving female elves.

I was also drawn to her very cool shield - here she is from the back:


Of course as I paint these figures, I always imagine some kind of back story for them (I'm a writer, after all).  This figure is very fey indeed, with golden hair and violet eyes.  I imagine she comes from deep in the heart of an unspoiled woodland, and has committed herself to travelling through more 'civilized' lands, because she knows that is where she will find evil to battle (like Conan travelling to Zamora, except with less camel punching).

Here she is in her 'she's coming right at me!" pose.


I think I got her face pretty well, which is the hardest part with these things.

Next up is a very weird steampunk angel figure that I'm looking forward to painting.  But in between, a whole lot of album reviews, since this is a music blog, with an occasional painted miniature, not the other way around.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was a Paladin back in the 80's. I miss my altercations with the undead.
~Ross of the subterrane