Saturday, June 20, 2009

Welcome to Creative Maelstrom!

There comes a time in every man's life when he must overcome his fear of technology. OK, my time came a little later than most...

So here I am - and I'm going to get started with the last figurine I painted and the last album that knocked my socks off.

First, the album - I just had a birthday, and both my Mother and Mother-in-Law (love them both) gave me the gift of cash (Ah, how I love the gift of cash). In my life, giving me cash is like buying me CDs - that is where it is going to end up. So I got about 8 or so - more on the other one's later.

What really blew me away was Notorious B.I.G. - I've been meaning to buy this for years, but never got around to it. I am not a huge rap/hip hop fan - it suffers from most forms of popular music (pop, country - and in 1979 - Disco) - it naturally draws bad artists looking for a buck.
Not so, with "Ready to Die" - this album is very real (minus the simulated sex track). It has an extra weight in that Biggie died after making it in the violent manner which he himself predicts. Best track: Things Done Changed.

Logan's rating - 4 stars.

I'm also posting the last figurine I painted. This is a hobby I've done since I was twelve years old, and I've never tired of it. The only downside is it takes 10 minutes to buy one of these things and about 10 hours to paint it. For this reason, I've got a bit of a..er...backlog. I roll randomly to see which one I paint next. I like to roll randomly. I guess if you are rolling, saying it is random is a bit redundant - but it just goes together.

Anyway - here is my latest - I'd say she is an elf thief (and a bit of a looker). What's with the chest (no - the one under her foot, you creep). Is it hers or did she just find it somewhere. I imagine she was in the process of stealing it and someone's interrupted her. Judging by the look in her eye, that was probably a mistake...
The back view. I did a good job on the cloak, so I'm showing off. Hey - it's my blog - get your own.
So - that's the first post. More music to come - and more figs. I'm thinking about restarting a CD Odyssey I did a few years back (listening to everything I've got). Last time I went alphabetically. This time, I am thinking I'm going to (drum roll) roll randomly.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

I'm so glad you've gotten over your fear of technology! This has the potential to be a really cool blog. Looking forward to seeing your next review/outburst of opinion!

Great figure. The album is growing on me.