Saturday, June 20, 2015

Figurine: Behir

It has been a long time since I posted a painted miniature, but after a long hiatus I'm back into painting them again. For a while all the time I was spending writing and then learning the guitar ate up my leisure time. I just have too many fun things to do, I suppose.

This figure is my first post in two years (the two I finished in between I was not sufficiently happy with to share with the world).

This is a behir - a fantastical worm that has many sets of limbs and breathes lightning.
Behir are said to live in frozen wastelands, so I took these pictures up against the stucco of my building to try to simulate a frozen cave, since I didn't think this guy warranted the full diorama treatment. Not exactly frozen, but it'll have to do.
I tried to make the ground look like it was dusted with snow, but I'm not sure it doesn't look more like gravel. Either way, I like the effect.
He looks suitably grumpy, but maybe he just needs a hug. With fourteen legs, I bet behirs are really good at hugs.

No comments: