Sunday, May 30, 2010

Figurine: Desert Ranger

Another figure painted! For some reason I got bogged down a little on this one. Maybe it was being away for two weeks, or maybe it was that I had done something similar a couple years ago, so there wasn't anything novel about it.

Anyway, here she is - a female desert ranger!
I liked this figure's pose, and the detail on her arm and leg bracers (look closely and you can see they feature protective 'scarab' motifs). I also gave her a purple sash, for just a dash of colour. Here she is from the back:I am pretty happy with how this figure turned out. I imagine her as a bit of loner among her people, but still fiercely protective of them. Finally, here are the three similar figures I painted back in 2008. I wanted her to have a similar feel to them, and I think it worked out OK.
Next up: A standard bearer and a drummer in full plate mail. Groovy...

No comments: